Call for Submissions
Abstracts will be reviewed by the Abstract Review Board (ARB) of the conference
- Laser Systems
- Optics and Lasers in Medicine
- Optical Communications and Networking
- Fiber Optic Sensor Systems
- Optics and Photonics in Aerospace and Commercial Industries
- Specialty SensorsCommunication Networking
- WDM, Hybrid and Space Architectures
- Photonics Systems and Components
- Wireless SystemsSpectral Analysis
- Advancements in Photonics
- Optical Physics
- Nanophotonics and Biophotonics
- Optical Fiber
- Quantum Science and Technology
- Surface Enhanced Spectroscopy SES
- Technologies in Lasers, Optics and Photonics
- Optical Metrology
- Applications and Trends in Optics and Photonics
- Fiber Laser Technology
- Optics, Photonics and Lasers Basic Research Developments
Manijeh Razeghi joined Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, as a Walter P. Murphy Professor and Director of the Center for Quantum Devices in Fall 1991, where she created the undergraduate and graduate program in solid-state engineering.
- Pioneer in the area of III-V compound semiconductors and optoelectronic devices from the deep ultraviolet to the far infrared spectral bands, including in particular InP and GaAs based semiconductors and devices, which were at the heart of the optical fiber telecommunication revolution of the late 20th Century and the rise of the information age.
Dr. Alex Kazemi a Boeing Associate Technical Fellow and materials scientist has worked for aerospace industry for past 20 years. He currently is focusing on the development of a new generation of optical fibers for Boeing Commercial Airplanes.
- Alex is a world recognized Micro Technologist with focus on fiber optics, miniaturized interconnects, leak detection systems, fiber optic sensors for cryogenics environment, and laser micro packaging.
Dr. Douglas R McCarter, Dhc, is the Technical Integrator of McCarter Machine & Technology Inc., founded in 1981. McCarter’s patented and proprietary silicon processes achievements were documented by published technical papers and over 50oral presentations
- Inventor of processes to enable the use of Silicon in Optics and Opto-mechanical structures. McCarter’s Silicon Components are Modular, Scalable and Producible. In particular, McCarter has developed a glass frit bonding process for building meter class systems for ground, flight or space missions.
Dr. Michelle R. Stem has a Ph.D. in materials science engineering, MBA in management and B.S. in chemistry. Post-doc research and continued work as Senior Materials Researcher at Complete Consulting Services, LLC
- Dr. Stem researches ICS structural and property variations to discover and ultimately engineer new methods, applications, models, materials and metamaterials with the goal of controlling photonic, phononic, optoelectronic, band gap and other properties.
Yutaka Fukuchi was born in Tochigi, Japan, on April 29, 1975. He received the B.S. and M.S. degrees in electronics engineering from Tokyo University of Science, Chiba, Japan, in 1998 and 2000,respectively, and the Ph.D. degree in electronics engineering.
- Optical communications, quantum optics, nonlinear optics, and their applications
Gary Greenberg earned a PhD in Developmental Biology from University College London in 1981. He was an Assistant Professor at the University of Southern California during the 1980’s.
- Innovation and development of 3D imaging devices
Simon is currently a Hardware specialist at Broadcom Semiconductor ULC, Canada. Broadcom is a large public company that acquired Azastra in 2017.
- III-V devices, photovoltaic, quantum structures, epitaxy, optoelectronics
Branislav Vlahovic is Director of the National Science Foundation Computational Center of Research Excellence, NASA University Research Center for Aerospace Device, and NSF Center Partnership for Research and Education in Materials at North Carolina Centr
- Computer simulations of nanostructures, tunneling and charge transfer between nanostructures, pulsed laser deposition of nanostructures, nonlinear optics, detectors and devices based on quantum confinement, nanophotonics, semiconductor structures, and photovoltaics.
Ephraim Suhir is on the faculty of the Portland State University, Portland, OR, USA, and Technical University, Vienna, Austria. He is also CEO of the Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) ERS Co. in Los Altos, CA, USA.
- Optics & Photonics
Devki N. Talwar graduated from Allahabad University in India in 1976 with a PhD degree in Condensed Matter Physics.
- Lasers and Optics, Semiconductor Devices